Skip to main content

OneNote Review

I have OneNote available to me through my school as we utilize Microsoft 360. I do not utilize OneNote extensively, but there are several uses for it.  Before starting this assignment, I decided to utilize it for my Project Based Learning assignment for my 7-12 band and choir. The project is for them to coordinate and perform in a fundraising concert for our music department. Doing so can be extremely tricky with so many individuals. So, I thought OneNote would be the perfect platform to keep the students organized.

You can see below how I have set up the preliminary notebook.

I appreciate how easy it is to work through as it functions in the same manner as all other Microsoft Office programs. Most of the tools are pretty straight forward once you understand how they function. Setting up the Notebook was easy. I created a section for the To Do list and utilized the "To Do" function. That is an awesome tool to keep things formatted neatly and keep track of what has been done. This tool could very easily be used to create a weekly or daily checklist. Perhaps, you have lesson plans outlined weekly in the section pages, and then you can add pages under each week's section to keep you organized in that manner.

I am going to utilize the collaboration space as a forum for the students to record their ideas, track their progress, and anything else that might arise from the PBL process. I have not invited my students into this space yet as I am not ready to integrate it at this time. This function could easily be used for any type of collaboration: professional development, co-teaching, group projects, and more. I believe that the only limits would be the ones that are created due to lack of creativity. The Content Library will house the peer evaluation sheet, grading rubric, and other documents that become pertinent to the PBL. Other uses could include uploading worksheets, lecture notes, and other documents that pertain to the purpose of your Notebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tech Blog Post Week 3

This week's materials have put me out of my comfort zone  somewhat . I always love utilizing technology, but the  science behind it makes me a little uneasy. So, I found myself rereading the material that discussed bits, compressed audio, and even the digital audio workstation (DAW). Once I read through those sections about three to four times, I think I finally have a small grasp on their  applications, and I am sure I will continue in practicing utilizing that knowledge even after this course to become more familiar with the terms and application at home and in the classroom. The material that discussed  Audacity  and  Soundation  was extremely interesting to me. My husband (also a  K-12  music teacher ) and  I play around with  GarageBand  enough to know how to isolate musical parts to make practice CD's for our students. However, we are by every meaning of the word novices  in  understanding the capabilities of that software. In our undergraduate careers, we were only

Music Tech Blog Post Week 1

I have been looking forward to this course for the duration of my time in this graduate program. I love learning about new technologies and how they can help to improve learning in my classroom. I teach K-12 general music, band, and choir. So, I am familiar with utilizing technology within those areas, and I am constantly looking for new technologies that might prove beneficial. I also thoroughly enjoyed watching the technology integration video from Edutopia in this week’s lecture. I found it to be extremely inspiring as I’ve thought through on how to improve my technology usage this past week, and I look forward to sharing that video with my staff as we discuss how to improve our school’s overall technology usage. Additionally, I look for ways for my students to use their personal technology (i.e. smart phone) positively rather than one that detracts from their learning. This is because students today are so ingrained with technology that it does become a distraction from learning

Music Tech Blog Post Week 2

Once again, I enjoyed this week's reading and lecture. This is partially because  I am simply excited to be taking this course . I also enjoyed it because I am passionate about teaching composition within my classes. However, I am still working on the best way to integrate it into my ensembles without taking away from concert preparation. Last year at my previous school, I utilized  Noteflight  and  MuseScore  within my school's subscription to  MusicFirst . However, I did not get as  in depth  with the  MuseScore  software that  was presented in the new tutorials . I simply had  surface knowledge . Looking back, I should have utilized them as I would have spent less time on imputing examples from the band  &  choir curricula. I hope, as I move forward with my new position, I will be able to get another subscription to  MusicFirst  so I can continue improving my knowledge of  Noteflight  and  MuseScore  along with integrating them into compositional lessons. If you